Call for Papers: 4th JIABU Special Edition: Buddhist Crtical Thinking Skills
International Association of Buddhist Universities
Call for Journal Articles
This is a call for papers for the 4th Volume of the Journal of the International Association of Buddhist Universities (JIABU), published by the generosity of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University through the International Association of Buddhist Universities. The volume aims to be a special edition, covering Buddhist Critical Thinking Skills. This specialized theme should be of great interest to our university students and professors training and working in the field of Buddhist Studies and those involved in the education process. We encourage interdisciplinary studies and welcome articles from scholars in all fields related around the theme of Buddhist Critical Thinking Skills.
In order to prevent a collection of articles all being an introductory survey of ideas, it was determined for scholars to begin by reading a selected text, and build upon that knowledge towards a higher level of wisdom. Towards common ground for the special edition, it is asked that scholars easily download (registration to the site is necessary) and read the following text: http://www.academia.edu/2344610/Buddhist_Critical_Thinking_Skills - this is the text: “Buddhist Critical Thinking Skills”, by Dr. Dion Peoples, of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University and the Manager of the IABU Secretariat. The groundbreaking text was developed for the sake of Buddhist education and training Buddhist students in the methods of the Buddha; therefore, a critical assessment of the tools offered by learned scholars is a very appropriate theme for a special edition of our JIABU. Acceptable articles, determined by the academic peer-review committee, will be selected and published, if exhibiting:
• Thematic relevance
• innovative theoretical perspectives,
• clarity of organization,
• an accessible prose style,
• and significant research in primary resources
• a higher extension of wisdom from what has already been written about.
Please remember to produce an endeavor that deals with relevant topic material, Buddhist texts and the readers in meaningful ways. Please send all proposals and articles as Microsoft Word Files (.doc or .docx).
Call for Papers issued: 11 January 2013
Final Full-Article Deadline: 31 May 2013
Publication of the JIABU: Soon after, upon final formatting.
We must have your fully-perfected articles by the final deadline date to ensure that the article is considered for publication. Once the academic peer-review committee completes their selections, and the editorial-team has completed any additional formatting/revisions, the 4th Volume of the JIABU will be released.
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Submitted papers are refereed and selected on the basis of quality and relevance to the main theme of Buddhist Critical Thinking Skills for this Special Edition, 4th Volume of the JIABU.
• Papers should be from 10-15 pages (not strict on these specifications), submitted in the preferred font: ‘Times EXT Roman’ (for papers with Pāli/Sanskrit diacritic markings).
• Please download this font: http://www.bcca.org/services/fonts/ --and compose your article in this font. Articles will be returned if there are any undisplayed diacritical-markings.
• Papers may be rejected for specific circumstances, but may be rewritten, following committee recommendations.
PLEASE SEND FINAL PAPERS or any questions, to:
Editorial Committee Manager:
Dr. Dion Peoples: email@example.com
We, thank you, for your interest in this specialized theme, and we hope that this topic: Buddhist Critical Thinking Skills, becomes a valued and often discussed theme in the future. We would be honored to receive your thoughtful and valuable contribution to Buddhist Studies.
Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Brahmapandit
Rector, Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
Chairman, International Association of Buddhist Universities